Company Team Driver Class 1 Delivery Driver
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of GFS products. Serves as liaison between GFS management and customers. Communicates all customer issues and concerns. Operates GFS equipment in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail, safe work habits, working knowledge of Tractor-Trailer, refrigerated van and the ability to deal effectively with customers and the public. Must pass the required sales service representative physical ability test for area hired.
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS products.
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates self-control.
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of employment.
- Performs proper equipment maintenance, monitors reefer temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in a timely manner.
- Completes daily check-ins in a timely manner with no errors.
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and equipment. Completes check in process accurately and on time. Manages paperwork to include register, credits, pick-ups, etc
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with other GFS employees.
- Maintains peer relationships in the field to share issues and ideas. Attending department meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to adhere to all safety/compliance regulations and procedures.
- Must maintain a professional appearance wearing the GFS uniform.
- This position requires punctuality, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and also function in a team environment.
- Must be goal oriented with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of this job including lifting, pushing, pulling of product.
476 total views, 1 today