Owner / Operator Long Haul Livestock Driver
Drivers will be responsible for delivery LTL freight to customers in Saskatchewan, Manitoba & Alberta while bringing livestock back to Ontario.
With a reputation for the safe, timely and efficient delivery of goods, Lloyd Hutton Transport is looking for top quality drivers who share the same qualities. The successful candidates to be responsible for the delievery of general freight (mainly furnitture) from Ontario out to Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. After converting their trailer, they will then load and ship cattle back to Southern Ontario. While direct Livestock Hauling experience is not required, past experience dealing with cattle and working in the livestock industry will be a strong assest. With competitive wages, and a small town feel, Lloyd Hutton Transport offers a desirable work environment where the drivers are treated like family.
- A valid Provincial class AZ, DZ or D driver’s license, as required by the position’s requirements
- Meets minimum medical standards for commercial driver’s licensing
- 2+ years of professional driving experience
- Livestock handling experience is an asset but not required
- Working knowledge of MTO, DOT and FMCSA Regulations, WHMIS, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods and other pertinent Federal, State, and Provincial regulations
- Minimum two years verifiable commercial motor vehicle driving experience for the class of license for which applying
- Minimum competency in oral and written expression in the English language
- Ability to work at heights of up to 5 feet.
- Climb ladders and steps at own pace.
- Function under repetitive movement to shift transmission and operate safely.
- Remain Drug and Alcohol Free to perform in a safety sensitive functional position.
How to Apply
Email your resume and a recent copy of your Driver's Abstract to Cameron here.
628 total views, 1 today