Company Driver New AZ Driver Cross Border (Less than 12 months)
Are you a New Professional Driver? Our definition of a new driver is less than 1 year of experience.
Challenger is offering the right candidates the opportunity to join our Entry-Level Driver Training program.
- Our program is a minimum of 7 weeks plus a 3 day Orientation upon completion.
- Weeks 1 to 3 will be in class and in the truck with one of our Trainers.
- Weeks 4 to 7 will be on the road, local and highway. This is a paid training course.
- Candidates are required to commit to 1 year as a company driver. Training costs will be expected if the driver leaves prior to that.
- We prefer candidates to come from Truck Training Schools Association of Ontario (TTSAO), but we will review each applicant. The TTSAO is committed to providing the commercial trucking industry with the highest quality driver training programs for entry-level individuals. This enhanced training earns and maintains public confidence through adherence to sound and ethical business practises. Please search TTSAO accredited schools to see if you qualify.
- Applicants will sign a 12 month training agreement and will be placed on our Open Board Cross Border Division.
- This division services all lower 48 states, Western Canada and Ontario and Quebec. We will mainly run a 300 – 500-mile radius from the terminal.
- Primary lanes of travel are states east of the Mississippi river, including East Coast States, mainly NJ, PA, VA, and some mid-west. There is no forced New York City (Boroughs) dispatch.
- Our expectation is to have a minimum of 5 full days of 24-hour availability or more. You will run according to your available hours and within legal requirements, which could mean running over the weekend.
- This Division runs reefers as well as Dry Vans.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Clean driving record
- Maximum three demerit points (preferred)
- Criminal record search (no offences under Criminal Code of Canada)
- Valid Class A driver’s licence
- Professional attitude and desire to be part of an award-winning team
- Must be cross border capable
- TTSAO school preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please apply using the link here.
1331 total views, 1 today