The Transport Co-ordinator will manage incoming and outgoing shipments and ensure that shipments are delivered on time and undamaged. This position will also assist our Wholesale Manager and Territory Representative with sales, inventory and shipping/receiving. Due to the nature of this position, the candidate must be able to operate a forklift and handle pressure, stress and changes to timeframes.
The transport aspect of the position involves:
- Scheduling routes, loading and dispatching two transport drivers and one local driver.
- Staying in contact with our drivers to track their progress.
- Co-ordinating pickups and deliveries with other departments within the company (including our second location).
- Receiving and scheduling shipments for third-parties.
- Arranging maintenance of the trucks and trailers.
The administrative aspect of the position involves:
- Quoting and invoicing freight.
- Organizing route information and paperwork for our drivers and customers.
- Reviewing and filing documents for inbound containers.
- Managing the wholesale inventory.
- Familiarizing yourself with Harco Ag Equipment’s products to assist with internal sales.
A background in transport, agriculture and/or sales would be considered an asset.
The Transport Co-ordinator position is a full-time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and overtime as required. As this position is located out of our Harriston office the ideal candidate will reside within a reasonable commuting distance from the office.
- Forklift experience.
- CSA approved safety shoes.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
19165 total views, 2 today